We are developing a compassionate, innovative, collaborative community of learners prepared to access and contribute to the ever-changing global and digital world.
Our school goals focus on increasing personalized learning and student-centered education. For specific information, please view our School Improvement Plan below.
- Academic excellence
- Personalized learning
- Developing a positive sense of self
- Building genuine relationships
- Belonging to a healthy, safe, supportive community
- Celebrating our diversity
- Using technology to access and convert information into knowledge
- Creating innovative solutions
- A passion for life-long learning
Program components that guide decisions:
Every student will be taught at a level and in a manner appropriate with his or her potential and ability.
Teachers will utilize a variety of instructional strategies and grouping practices to address the needs of all learners.
- Student placement involves staff and parent input. Placement is ultimately the responsibility of the Principal. Placement goals take into consideration:
- Academic, emotional and social needs of each child
- Relative balance within classes gender, mixed grades, ethnicity, abilities, etc.
- Appropriate peer groupings that promote a positive atmosphere for learning
- Unique educational needs (ESL, Special Needs, etc.)
Recognizing that it takes an entire community to educate a child, we welcome and encourage support, participation, and contributions from staff, parents, and other community members.